'98 Midliner Clutch Master

nunya001

Hi - First post, although I do a good bit of reading here. I'm replacing the clutch master and am having a really hard time finding the part online. I have read that Midliner parts are better accessed through the old books. Honestly, I don't fully know what that means. The markings on the cylinder read: 5575 FTE G479-4.  I'd be comfortable with a rebuild kit too. 

This was all caused by bad fluid - I did the brake fluid last year but didn't realize the clutch was a separate deal. What came out was a mess of green gruel looking watery stuff. I've had a new line made and pulled the slave apart, cleaned it and put it back together. 

Any help would be great. Thank you. 

J-

I would pull apart the Clutch Master and take the piston, seal and boot to a real auto parts store and ask for these parts. Generally the seal and boot were off shelf items as they are mostly all standard inch and Metric sizes.   Paul.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Just saw these two replies. I was able to get the master + slave from Spareto Auto Parts pretty reasonably priced 3 day DHL delivery from Germany. I wasn't sure if it was legit, but sure enough they showed up and were correct. I paid $130 or so for the master and $170 for the slave (shipped). I did try to rebuild but the aster was too for gone and the slave - ended up being in the same condition.  

Thanks for the replies. 

J-

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
On 1/30/2018 at 8:39 AM, nunya001 said:

Hi, Just saw these two replies. I was able to get the master + slave from Spareto Auto Parts pretty reasonably priced 3 day DHL delivery from Germany. I wasn't sure if it was legit, but sure enough they showed up and were correct. I paid $130 or so for the master and $170 for the slave (shipped). I did try to rebuild but the aster was too for gone and the slave - ended up being in the same condition.  

Thanks for the replies. 

J-

Did you end up being able to get new master and slave cylinder?  I'm looking for rebuild or complete master cylinder for a 89 Midliner.  I think it's an MS 200 series, but I looked on Spareto's website and only found M series or S series.  ??