5th wheel slide fault.

On 1/10/2018 at 3:36 PM, wiserfrombud said:

Good day.   I got the lightning bolt on the dash and says 5th wheel slide fault.   Any info on how to fix this?    I had this happen a year and a half ago or so but Mack fixed it under warranty.  

I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how your truck is holding up. 

There was a service bulletin on it TSB 364-038 something to do with VECU programing parameters

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2018 at 10:09 PM, Dirtymilkman said:

I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how your truck is holding up. 

My truck has been clock work since day 1!    I have had 2 CEL lights come on.  Both for some SCR module that is down in the front on the frame rail.  It threw a code very early on, first few months and then again about a year after.  Nothing since.  Bad run of parts??   Who knows.  And now I have had this 5th wheel slide error come up for the second time.  Only other issue I have had has been the "big" timing cover in the back of the head was leaking.  It was a warranty item but it took a week to fix and was supposedly a 7000 dollar (cad) job.  Hope that doesn't go again!   Otherwise the truck has been fantastic.  508,000 kms.  

Still haven't had time to dig into this but just noticed something interesting.....that entire row of switches is dead.  Inter axle,5th wheel,susp height, and air intake.   Maybe came unplugged behind dash???   What would kill this whole group of switches???

My ELD told me I finally had some time to do a little problem solving.   Turns out it was the F8 fuse in the top panel.   That fuse controls "Air Solenoids"   all 4 of those switches actuate solenoids so it would stand to reason that none of them worked.   The 5th wheel slide however was the only one of the group of 4 that threw an actual code.   Anyways....the bull dog is back in tip top form and everyone is happy again.