Highway thru hell

B MACK

Missed a turn in Kansas one time with a dry van, (road sign bent around) rural two lane, so I go to the next intersection, go left,straighten out and back across the intersection was just breaking dawn and what I thought was the edge of the road was a snow covered ditch! My left tandem goes in the ditch! Had over 40k in the wagon, couldn't pull out! So I call a wrecker. This kid shows in a 250k tandem "hook" ( was the 90s!) He parks on the highway facing the same way as me about the middle of the trailer,and proceeds to throw the cable OVER the trailer!!! Wait a damn minute man, I want pulled out of the ditch, with the rig intact!,not squashed flat by the cable! So I have to train him how to hook a snatch block to his bumper and run the cable to the frame under the trailer came right out! Wonder how much this guy cost his company!

15 hours ago, other dog said:

That's a beautiful picture, I had that picture as my screen saver for a long time.

coming from the master of "through the windshield photography" I appreciate the comment, I was doing about 100kph when I said to myself, self, that would look like a damn fine picture, so out came the Brownie and I shot a few through the windshield, that was the only one that wasn't blurred.... sorry I couldn't get a girl in a car at the same time for you... :rolleyes:

BC Mack

• Like 1

I was in Oregon one time when they instituted the " chain law" came up on the pullover area and there was nowhere to park! So I just kept rolling ,made it to a t.s. and parked. So what do you do when there is nowhere to "chain up" I suspect that's you're problem and you get fined anyway!

On 1/10/2018 at 12:22 PM, BC Mack said:

coming from the master of "through the windshield photography" I appreciate the comment, I was doing about 100kph when I said to myself, self, that would look like a damn fine picture, so out came the Brownie and I shot a few through the windshield, that was the only one that wasn't blurred.... sorry I couldn't get a girl in a car at the same time for you... :rolleyes:

BC Mack

That is a great picture!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.