Head scratcher

Racecorr

On 20/12/2017 at 9:02 AM, fjh said:

Now As for the coolant filter we once had one of  these and it was low liner protrusion  same symptoms  YOU HAVE rad cracking AND WOULD BLOW THE FILTER OFF Last resort  thought! throws up a red flag for me! check the screen if its not there your going on a head trip in my opinion!

I did have that filter split on me...and maybe also a lower hose split...but that was before the in-frame, and the same thing was said, bad liner...so we may have been dealing with multiple issues, the bad liner causing the filter failure, and something else causing the radiator failure... maybe?

22 minutes ago, Mack Technician said:

I'm keeping a tally in my head. Always felt 460HP was a cruel request for that block. Macncheese recently lost his heads too. He had the hot rod AI467HP (at the wheels) engine. You know these guys are running sanely because it's their truck.

Yup its pushing the note a tad! We just had long time customer show up yesterday with a leak behind the compressor gasket leak RIGHT ! NOT !!!  Cracked a block ! Kinda sad he has spent good money this year rebuilding an engine just to have the block give out!

5 hours ago, fjh said:

Yup its pushing the note a tad! We just had long time customer show up yesterday with a leak behind the compressor gasket leak RIGHT ! NOT !!!  Cracked a block ! Kinda sad he has spent good money this year rebuilding an engine just to have the block give out!

Nasty. Stuff like that can push a customer right into a brand X. Was it a 460? 

My buddy is getting a 5 bunk, tri-axle log trailer to stick behind the Granite tractor we have been tweeking. Stories like yours make me nervous. He is a born operator, but I'd gamble a lot of these guys are also. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ok fellas, I've heard from my mechanic and it appears to him that the screen is about 15%-20% blocked. Question, is that enough blockage to cause all of these radiator problems, or should he keep looking for the culprit??? Also, I've found out that the motor is a AC, and the water pump has been changed, does anyone know the difference between the two pulley sizes??

• 3 months later...