E9 engine weight

998in³

19 minutes ago, 998in³ said:

I recently purchased a spare E9 engine that I need to pick up. Does anyone know the approximate weight of the E9 engine?

E9 Engine dry about 3000lbs. Wet with trans 4200-4400lbs.

By the way welcome to posting on the forum, see you have been around for several years.

Thank you. I appreciate the response...

BTW - How is your Time Machine (MH 613) these days? I was dealing with Carl on that truck back in December 2015, but didn't see the way to transport that truck and spare parts home at the time... Apparently, Time Machine spent most of it's life on a ferry between Mainland and Vancouver Island - I recall it had very low mileage.

Recently, I have been in contact with Lightnin on this beautiful looking MH613 - but they are reluctant to let the truck go. Maybe someone else on this forum will have better luck than me on this unit. I see it's still in Truck Paper...

Capture.PNG

The Time Machine is just sitting in the warehouse along with the parts truck i got with it. I think Carl had it sitting for a number of years as well. It does have low mileage, so it is dong what it does best sitting. There are several other project ahead of it but it will get restored. I got the engines and parts when I could so the issue is finding the time to start on it. 

That MH is a good looking rig. Keep after them to sell it.

22 hours ago, AZB755V8 said:

The Time Machine is just sitting in the warehouse along with the parts truck i got with it. I think Carl had it sitting for a number of years as well. It does have low mileage, so it is dong what it does best sitting. There are several other project ahead of it but it will get restored. I got the engines and parts when I could so the issue is finding the time to start on it. 

That MH is a good looking rig. Keep after them to sell it.

This is what is left of the one I got from Carl.... parts are slowly finding new homes in the BMT family

BC Mack

IMG_2075.JPG

I would assume that E9 is the one 998in3 just got and needs to pick up? That engine needs work if I recall but complete.

I made a stand out of angle iron and plate to bolt onto a completed E9. I have used it to transport several V8's in the bed of F-250-350 with no problems. 

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 1:25 PM, 998in³ said:

Thank you. I appreciate the response...

BTW - How is your Time Machine (MH 613) these days? I was dealing with Carl on that truck back in December 2015, but didn't see the way to transport that truck and spare parts home at the time... Apparently, Time Machine spent most of it's life on a ferry between Mainland and Vancouver Island - I recall it had very low mileage.

Recently, I have been in contact with Lightnin on this beautiful looking MH613 - but they are reluctant to let the truck go. Maybe someone else on this forum will have better luck than me on this unit. I see it's still in Truck Paper...

Capture.PNG

All that's missing is the exterior sun visor. Beautiful truck!!

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!