CRD 93 Housing w/or w/o transverse rod

On my new acquisition R it has the bracket with transverse rod that on the rear carrier mounts to the frame and uses the dog bone style torque rod that mounts to the cross member.  I have found a set of 4.64s but they are without the holes for the mounting bracket for the transverse rod and it uses the old style torque rod.  I have been looking for a new style cut off but in my area slim pickings,  or the ratios are to high or low.  I have checked on rebuilding or remans but cant justify the costs yet.

Has anyone drilled the housings and used bolts for the bracket?  I don't want to run the old style as I would probably make it the rears feel loose with a 16ft box grossing 80k.  

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

What are the ratio of the old rears? i have seen guys drill the rears without holes for the transverse rod and use it.But always seen them use studs in the housings. You can mate an old end to a new end by cutting and putting in a sleeve and welding, but you have to be real close on length.   terry:thumb:

• Like 1

Yup use the studs! I'm Not positive how ever  I believe you can buy the dog bone bracket for the back now rather than the tapper much wiser than the taper ! I have seen these on the newer MRs used for pump trucks  and such!

5 hours ago, terry said:

What are the ratio of the old rears? i have seen guys drill the rears without holes for the transverse rod and use it.But always seen them use studs in the housings. You can mate an old end to a new end by cutting and putting in a sleeve and welding, but you have to be real close on length.   terry:thumb:

The parts truck with old style housings are 4.64

I have 4.42 now that one is bad for sure, the other the breather was missing and it was full of dirt so 

Robert

2 hours ago, thomastractorsvc said:

will slow top speed downThe parts truck with old style housings are 4.64

I have 4.42 now that one is bad for sure, the other the breather was missing and it was full of dirt so 

Going to a 4.64 from a 4.42 will slow you down.     terry:D

3 hours ago, BC Mack said:

is this the bracket you are talking about? can get better pics if you need..

I have a pair of crd92/93 4:35 but I'm on the left coast.. shipping's a bitch.

BC Mack

IMG_2095.JPG

IMG_2106.JPG

IMG_2110.JPG

That's the one.  On mine only the rear crd93 has the transverse rod.

We're those on air ride?  My 85 on neway has the rods on both rears

Robert