Pedestal for B air horn

eddeere

I bought a new horn from Watts it mounts different from the old one and will not clear the cab lights. Not sure what a grover is. Thanks. I have seen some B models that are mounted on something that looks like a box. Thought one of these might work.

The grover air horns were stock on most old macks. I gave a pair to our shop manager at work his B model had the horns but no back caps or diaphrams. He may just put the horns on his truck if they are the right length I have another set sitting here I will see if the ones I gave him yesterday fit. Mine are used and have some pitting your welcome to them if they fit I will know later today.

the early B's were mounted on a pedestal until around 58 59 then they were mounted direct to the cab. the older ones has a remote valve bolted to a plate on door jamb, the direct ones had the valve mounted to the bottom of the horn. the older ones had the longer horn on the outside and shorter on in and the newer ones had long on the inside which was very close to the cab light. the pedestals are getting extinct. most broke cause they were aluminum potmetal

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg