Freightliner Offers eNow Solar Charging on Cascadia

kscarbel2

Freightliner Cascadia raised-roof sleeper trucks can now be ordered with the eNow eCharge solar system as a pre-delivery installation.

The eNow system can be ordered through Freightliner dealerships and installed at Freightliner's Custom Truck Service centers located at each of the manufacturing plants.

The eNow solar system's 0.125-inch thick design is flexible to follow the aerodynamic roof contour of the Cascadia. The eNow system supplies ongoing power to the batteries, to meet the cab’s power needs while reducing idle time and fuel costs.

“The eNow system has continually proven its value in reducing costs, while also demonstrating its durability over diverse road conditions and in a variety of climates,” says Jeff Flath, president and CEO of eNow. “Drivers and fleet owners who order the eNow system pre-installed will begin realizing the benefits from solar the minute they take delivery.”

For more information on the eNow eCharge system, click here.

image 1.jpg

I have never slept in a truck with a APU or other device that allows the use of A/C with the Diesel engine off.  Im not sure I would sleep well without the "white noise" of the engine running?    Regardless this is a slick way to maintain voltage and use the A/C...but I wonder how strong it is. I can see a low tree branch causing a very expensive issue.

11 minutes ago, Lmackattack said:

I have never slept in a truck with a APU or other device that allows the use of A/C with the Diesel engine off.  Im not sure I would sleep well without the "white noise" of the engine running?    Regardless this is a slick way to maintain voltage and use the A/C...but I wonder how strong it is. I can see a low tree branch causing a very expensive issue.

Thanks to more efficient batteries, today's battery-powered air conditioning systems do not require an auxiliary power unit (APU), eliminating cost and weight. Batteries should provide 8 to 10 hours of cooling.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!