Marcum auto auctions new transport division

BillyT

I see Mecum Auctions has a new transport fleet! I'm curious how Reliable,Intercity,Horseless carriage,ART, and the other mostly owner operator enclosed carriers feel after years of serving this company when they (Mecum) decide to extract the last " pound of flesh" by using their own fleet of apparently company driver transports? They have promoted their drivers (All of which own a collecter car or street rod ) what a coincidence 😁 I'm all for free enterprise but this may not pass the "smell test" how about some opinions from our members,especially carlotpilot,and UD, or anyone on the road what are you hearing on the radio? Thanks!

58 minutes ago, BillyT said:

I see Mecum Auctions has a new transport fleet! I'm curious how Reliable,Intercity,Horseless carriage,ART, and the other mostly owner operator enclosed carriers feel after years of serving this company when they (Mecum) decide to extract the last " pound of flesh" by using their own fleet of apparently company driver transports? They have promoted their drivers (All of which own a collecter car or street rod ) what a coincidence 😁 I'm all for free enterprise but this may not pass the "smell test" how about some opinions from our members,especially carlotpilot,and UD, or anyone on the road what are you hearing on the radio? Thanks!

bill   I don`t have all the scoop on mecum  but i do know that only a small number of their transports are co. owned

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BillyT said:

Mecum from a friend who transports Reliable's ocean race boat said Mecoum offered the drivers more money to come to them. They are all Wisconsin based.Most are leased to operators. The trailers are all personalized with images of Mecums top sale vehicles.

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 1 month later...
On 6/20/2017 at 1:19 PM, carlotpilot said:

bill   I don`t have all the scoop on mecum  but i do know that only a small number of their transports are co. owned

interesting note    its said that reliable -tom abrams-owns quite a share of mecum auctions