Changing king pins in 05 CV713 Granite

hello all, this is my first time replacing king pins and i have a few questions. is there a special tool that is needed  to remove the threaded cap that holds the pin in from the bottom? i used a air hammer to break it loose.  also how do you set the adjustment of that nut? any help would be appreciated! 

Edited by jmahoneclipse

hello all, this is my first time replacing king pins and i have a few questions. is there a special tool that is needed  to remove the threaded cap that holds the pin in from the bottom? i used a air hammer to break it loose.  also how do you set the adjustment of that nut? any help would be appreciated! 

I'm sure Mack or snap-on sells a tool for this, I made my own years ago... Used an old tie rod nut with flat stock welded on. 6e602f38ae06964dc6c3bf7a99d85258.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

First try to spray some weasel piss and then take a 90 degree scribe and work the threads. Maybe it will come out then without an air setup. I had to air chisel mine out but after I cleaned it up I could screw the new one in by hand. not sure if your set up is like my 1988 rd model pins though.