Wanted Small hose for turbine tip fan

oil man

Question

2 answers to this question

5 hours ago, oil man said:

I am looking for the small hose (it's like dog leg) for my turbine tip fan ,suit my 1980 R60 mack it's a. E6350 cool power engine, here in Queensland,Australia its hard to get.    Can anyone help please

If you can't locate a factory bleed hose  ( about 25mm inside diameter ?  ) You can try to get GATES GREEN STRIPE mold-able hose. It is bendable to over 90 + degrees with out collapse or kinking.  It's for coolant but will take intake air fine.

http://www.gates.com/products/automotive/fleet-and-heavy-duty/hd-cooling-system/hd-coolant-hose/green-stripe-4-ply-coolant-hose

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I used a molded NAPA hose 8391 and cut the section out that would work.  Think Repco is NAPA in Australia.

The hose application is listed below so you have some info to take to your auto parts dealer.  Hopefully some of the models made it down under like Saab or Daewoo. 

The orange circle in the picture gives an idea of what section I cut out.  Hose ID is listed as 1.25".  It seems to do OK powering the turbine on my truck.

Make Model Engine Year(s)
Buick Skylark   1988 - 1988
Daewoo Leganza   1999 - 2002
Lexus ES 300   1992 - 1993
Lexus ES 300   1994 - 1996
Oldsmobile Calais   1988 - 1988
Pontiac Grand Am   1988 - 1988
Saab 9-3   1999 - 2002
Saab 900   1994 - 1998
Toyota Avalon   1995 - 1996
Toyota Camry   1994 - 1996

spacer.gif

NAPA NBH 8391.jpeg

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.