Lee W. Haeberlein

LeeSoCal

I was born and raised in Omaha, NE where my dad had a repair shop where we repaired cars, trucks, and farm equipment. In this place I learned to love this this technology. I drove dump trucks and earned enough to go to college. My dad died in 63, my mother sold the business and I moved to CA. I became a high school auto tech teacher and did this for 38 years and retired in 01. I still teach in a local junior college 2 days per week. I found this Mack while vacationing in Idaho and had it hauled to CA and restored it. The restoration took 30 months. I did a frame up restoration. I belong to the local ATHS chapter. The Mack has a White engine which was in it when I bought it. It has sat idle for 20 years but was in good shape considering. I found a rebuilt 386 White engine on the internet and installed it. I have been married for 39 years to a retired school teacher. We have two kids. One is a high school math teacher and the other is a principal of an elementary school. We have 3 grand kids. We have an RV and love to travel this wonderful country and have put on about 75K miles traveling during the summer and on the many vacations that us school teachers get. Attached are a couple of pics. One is of the 49 Mack and the other is of me and wife with our RV. I am 65 years old. I would love to restore an LTL9000 Ford or a B Mack but I have no room.

• 1 month later...
I was born and raised in Omaha, NE where my dad had a repair shop where we repaired cars, trucks, and farm equipment. In this place I learned to love this this technology. I drove dump trucks and earned enough to go to college. My dad died in 63, my mother sold the business and I moved to CA. I became a high school auto tech teacher and did this for 38 years and retired in 01. I still teach in a local junior college 2 days per week. I found this Mack while vacationing in Idaho and had it hauled to CA and restored it. The restoration took 30 months. I did a frame up restoration. I belong to the local ATHS chapter. The Mack has a White engine which was in it when I bought it. It has sat idle for 20 years but was in good shape considering. I found a rebuilt 386 White engine on the internet and installed it. I have been married for 39 years to a retired school teacher. We have two kids. One is a high school math teacher and the other is a principal of an elementary school. We have 3 grand kids. We have an RV and love to travel this wonderful country and have put on about 75K miles traveling during the summer and on the many vacations that us school teachers get. Attached are a couple of pics. One is of the 49 Mack and the other is of me and wife with our RV. I am 65 years old. I would love to restore an LTL9000 Ford or a B Mack but I have no room.

Hey Lee, I bet you were a great auto shop teacher. You must have rubbed of on your students by the way you work on projects.That's one great looking truck! Tim :SMOKIE-LFT: