HELP!!!! LF Mack restoration engine specs.

Mack used 510 during this period, and there was an a505 model fire truck around 1950. please clarify, What engine specs. do you need. I have Motors repair manuals for that period that list bore/stroke and crank bearing specs, I will check in the AM. I am working of a 1937 BM truck and get no response to any posted questions it seems like no one left from the earlier vintage,

If you can wait the best bet is to send the chassis number to the Mack museum, along with a suitable donation, to get the complete specs you need along with a wealth of information about the truck. 

I am no expert on these trucks, but I believe the standard gas engine of the time was the 707A. The 510 was used in the E and A models and I am not certain it was used in the L models.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

If you happen to receive this, and can get me the truck serial number prior to 0800 tomorrow morning (3/11/17)I offer no promises, but I **MAY** be able to tell you what engine was originally installed. But I need that before 8am tomorrow, and you may not ask any questions as to how I obtain the info.

Edited by 1958 F.W.D.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

My Manual shows the 49 LF used a 510A engine 4 7/16 by 5 1/2 bore and stroke.  Crank pin diameter, 2.9975, rod bearing clearance .001 to .003, rod torque 100 to 105, main bearing journal number 4 and 7, 3.4970, with.002- .0045 clearance, and all others, 3.4975 with.001-.0035 clearance, torque 100-105. I hope this will help. Sure is odd having two main journal dimensions and only .ooo5 difference.  Mack made gas engines during this period from 271 cu.in. to 707 cu.in.