Mack AP built date and delivery history

Mack_M123

If your VIN includes "6BG", the 6 refers to a fire truck and "BG" is a "BG" chassis. Fire "BG" chassis were also referred to as a "Type 50" model fire truck. "Type 50"s had a 500 GPM rotary pump. 

bulldogboy

Edited by bulldogboy

I do not believe Mack made their own pumps. The pumps produced by Northern for Mack had the Mack logo cast into them. Just as they do now, Mack was an assembler of parts produced by sub-contractors based on Mack designs when the truck was built.

I have been told that Mack even purchased the hose bodies of the early fire apparatus from Northern.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Thought Mack also built their own transmissions and rear axles, also have the IM logo cast in... Must disassemble the pump it don`t run till the 60s I think. The bronze volume/pressure regulating sleeve stucks in the pump (must make a special puller tool) and many dirt, rust in...But the pump rotor turns over free if I hand crank the engine. The front priming pump (to prime the pump with water if water sucked from lake) also stucks, I think they only  use hydrants.

I found two pics of exact my truck from the 30s.  Hyde Park Cincinatti Stadion 46 Engine 46! Looking for one historic pic from the rig before the

station maybe someone have? Only found the newer Seagrave rig which they have in service as ENG46 after my truck from 1955 to 1976

En46D6.jpg

E46-35M.jpg

E46-1960.jpg

Mack did, and still does, build their own axles, transmissions, engines, etc., but they never built their own fire apparatus pumps. The early pumps were specifically made for Mack and thus had the Mack or IM logo cast into them for Mack. Just because a part has a cast Mack or IM logo doesn't mean it was produced by Mack.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!