Caterpillar For Sale

phildirt

2/8/2017 Tractor is sold.

Caterpillar D 4 7U 31112 (c. 1955) 

Good running D4 with 4 roller track frame, 32 link, 60” gauge. Solid front idlers. Track chains, link height and grousers (13” wide) measure 100% of new. 2 sealed lower rollers, 1 upper sealed roller. Sprockets cut off and good sprocket rims welded on.

4A Caterpillar angle blade, nice shape. Cat # 44 hydraulic pump and tank (1 valve), rear ports. Hoses need replaced but do not leak.

Full belly pan and front tow hook. Radiator/ hydraulic guard nice and straight. Under seat tool box with lid (hinge broken) with track adjustment wrench and a few other tools.

Starter motor runs good and starts the diesel easily – it will need rebuilt due to excessive crankshaft end play. Rebuilt carburetor, gas tank cleaned and sealed. Electric starter works good.

Tractor has been gone over with all new filters (oil, fuel, hydraulic), all oils changed (finals, transmission, engine, starter motor, starter clutch, fuel injector pump) new Cat thermostat. Oil cooler leaks and has been bypassed. Good oil pressure hot and cold. Air cleaners serviced. Diesel tank flushed.

Two speed rear mounted pto works good. Handle for shifting has been broken off 

Drives and steers excellent.

No seat cushions. Hood has been damaged and repaired (poorly). Battery box complete with all inside parts (no battery hold down) and top. Two headlights with original style Cat brackets.

Some paint, has been cleaned top to bottom, front to back. All remaining rust is included. 

All tags intact and match. 

Located in NW Pennsylvania. Delivery possible in Spring in the northeast. Can be seen in heated shop by appointment.

Don’t waste your or my time if you think you’re going to buy if for 9 cents a pound. Make all inquiries via personal message with your email and I will contact you directly. I won’t answer question here.

I only guarantee an accurate description – your only other guarantee is your personal inspection.

Will Wingo

Titusville, PA

• Like 1

I got 4k for mine 5 years ago u/c was worn out ! and was low # 4 digit  machine with a holt angle blade and no belly pan, cooler was still good, pony was weak but ran, main was good, and so was the clutches, only swinging drawbar on rear. good seat and tool box. sure miss the fuel economy of that machine !  

Here are pictures of the undercarriage:

Grouser height:             1 ¾”

Link height:                   3 9/16”

5 pin length:                  26 15/16”

Link:                             Cat Sealed 9K6628

grouser.JPG

link height.JPG

sprocket.JPG