What Are These Government Trucks

General Ike

I have seen dozens of these on I81 and I40 from Knoxville to Nashville. I saw about 10 of them at one time near Oak Ridge on I40 in October. They're usually light grey, white or blue. Same box on all of them. Tough to see from the pics, but there is a door that leads into the box in the center rear.  Its clearly intended for a person to enter through not just to retrieve cargo. Thats the spare tire on the rear drivers side.

IMG_4512.JPGIMG_4513.JPGIMG_4514.JPGIMG_4515.JPGIMG_4519.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by General Ike

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

looks like one of the radiation detectors used in the ports, only without the scanner arm that goes over the trailer

I wouldn't doubt that they are some form of nuclear related vehicle considering the fact that the only ones I've ever seen are within 150 miles of the Oak Ridge nuclear facility in Tennessee. However they all have deep tinted windows and look somewhat more clandestine then what I would think a vehicle used simply for the detection of radiation would look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"