Ranger & Bronco return confirmed, and a mid size van?

TeamsterGrrrl

FORD REVEALS NEW F-150; BRONCO IS BACK; ALL-NEW RANGER COMING TO NORTH AMERICA; COMPANY PRESENTS VISION FOR CITY OF TOMORROW

• Ford reveals new, even tougher, smarter and more capable F-150, featuring segment-first technology, including Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection and Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go, embedded 4G LTE modem, SYNC 3 and B&O PLAY audio
  • All-new Ford Ranger midsize pickup truck will be reintroduced to the North American market in 2019
  • Rugged all-new Ford Bronco midsize SUV returns in 2020 as a global vehicle; both Bronco and Ranger to be built at Ford’s Michigan Assembly Plant
  • Ford-owned Chariot – the app-based, ride sharing service in San Francisco and Austin, Texas – will expand this year to eight cities, including at least one global city
  • Ford presents a vision for the “City of Tomorrow” to inspire innovation and assist cities in solving mobility challenges to help people move more easily today and in the future

DETROIT, Jan. 9, 2017 – Ford’s expansion to an auto and mobility company gains momentum today, as the company unveils the new F-150 pickup, announces the return of the Ranger pickup in North America and Bronco globally, and presents its vision for the “City of Tomorrow.”

Ford’s news at the North American International Auto Show – including expansion of its Chariot ride-sharing service to eight cities – underscores the company’s drive to strengthen its core automotive business while aggressively expanding in growing mobility services.   

“This year, the expansion of our business as an auto and mobility company moves into even higher gear,” said Mark Fields, president and CEO. “We’re introducing even more new vehicles and technologies to make life better for millions of people in the near term, plus we’re presenting a vision and partnering with cities to move more people even more efficiently in the future.”

Today’s news follows other announcements about Ford’s business expansion:

Ranger and Bronco Return
Ford is bringing back the Ranger midsize pickup truck to its North American vehicle lineup in 2019 and Bronco midsize SUV to its global vehicle portfolio in 2020. Both vehicles will be manufactured at Ford’s Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne, Michigan.

“We’ve heard our customers loud and clear. They want a new generation of vehicles that are incredibly capable yet fun to drive,” said Joe Hinrichs, Ford’s president of The Americas. “Ranger is for truck buyers who want an affordable, functional, rugged and maneuverable pickup that’s Built Ford Tough. Bronco will be a no-compromise midsize 4x4 utility for thrill seekers who want to venture way beyond the city.”

This is official confirmation of the Ranger and Bronco, and what's this about a "Transit Custom"... 

A mid-sized van means the Transit Custom (windowless cargo version) and Transit Tourneo (passenger version) are finally coming to the US market.

I mentioned this superb product here................http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/47453-new-man-tge-and-volkswagen-crafter-launched-at-iaa-2016/#comment-350078

New for 2012, the mid-sized Transit is produced by Ford Otosan in Turkey.

There are actually four size vans in the Transit range, the smallest being the Transit Courier...........http://www.ford.co.uk/CommercialVehicles/Transit-Courier

If the Bronco is merely a rebadged Ford Everest, I'll be first in line. However, if it is a Bronco-like body on the global Ranger platform, I'll likely pass. "Bronco" is a signature Ford product that the automaker indeed should bring back. But the Bronco and Everest are two different flavors.

Wish the Ranger was coming sooner, I've got 'til the end of 2018 to take the buyback on my TDI and sounds like the Ranger will be a 2020 model, and with all the alignment problems my TDI is having I may turn it in sooner. Then again, if Ford is holding the Ranger 'til the 2020 model year and the Bronco 'til the 2021 model year, maybe we'll get the next generation? Maybe with aluminum body, a la F series? 

Then again, the just announced F150 diesel will be out in 2018, and that engine gets 24 MPG EPA Combined in a Range Rover that has at least as much wind resistance and weight as an F150...

The diesel F150 will be bolted to the Ford/GM 10 speed auto. They are expecting better fuel economy than the Range Rover. The f150 is a sharp truck but they always mess the front end up. They are so close to looking great. They also have to get rid of the aluminum floor in the box. The inside of the box being made of aluminum is a gimmick. They could use steel and we wouldn't need a special bedliner to prevent tearing and denting. 

• Like 1