Frame lengthening

66rmack

So we have the superliner and we plan on stretching the wheel base and we bought a cut off that ended up being the wrong frame dimension. But I found a 88 superliner in the junk yard they want $18 a foot for frame rail. So I guess my ? Is is it worth it to buy the cab back so I only put one cut in the frame. Or is it not a big deal to have two splices? I like the idea of getting from the cab back cause our truck needs a trunion but I am looking for other people's experiance.

Is your existing frame good? If so add what you want to back of frame and unbolt trunnion and slide back, I don't know how much you are adding, but this way alot of the time you can have your weld in the trunnion bolt area, helps reinforce the weld area.    terry

• Like 1

I've pulled my ass end apart and yeah mine has been extended at some stage. As the rest have said, it was joined between the trunnion bolts and had some frame inserts added. 

As for the crack in the flange, I hope it turns out to be an easy fix. Would be a lot easier to fix that and add on the end. 

8 hours ago, Timmyb said:

I've pulled my ass end apart and yeah mine has been extended at some stage. As the rest have said, it was joined between the trunnion bolts and had some frame inserts added. 

As for the crack in the flange, I hope it turns out to be an easy fix. Would be a lot easier to fix that and add on the end. 

The crack is an easy fix. It's not bad at all. The back of the frame is cut short, short enough that there isn't room for mud flaps. I can move the trunion to the back that will give me a 210-215" wheelbase not exactly what we're looking for but it would def be better than it is right now. Maybe that's what we will do.