looking for air brake related help

tom1361

Hello Everyone,  I'm working on a 1962 B 67. There is a valve on the left frame rail just behind the middle cross member with a flat switch on it that is held in place with 2 screws.  This switch has 2 wires attached to it that go nowhere. I'm looking to get an idea what this switch might be used for. The second switch is attached to the valve that feeds the air lines for the trailer. This one has 2 prongs coming out of it with no wires going to it at all. Any ideas on this one. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you. TomVb.

2016-10-15_17-36-11_610.jpg

2016-10-15_17-37-24_651.jpg

2016-10-15_17-38-30_193.jpg

2016-10-15_17-36-33_563.jpg

2016-10-15_17-38-01_707.jpg

2 hours ago, Hobert62 said:

Top pics are a dc-1 bendix double check valve with brake light switch.   "Just replaced mine".   And as stated the bottom pics appear to be an interesting configuration for a low air pressure switch.  

Also called a shuttle valve.   terry

• Like 1

On that style tractor protection valve the line on the right is the supply.   It has air if the truck has air.   The line in the center of the valve is the line that controls the service breaks.  It only has air when breaks are applied.                    

The first valve and switch is where the foot valve and trailer hand valve are combined which supplies trailer brakes through the center line going into the tractor protection valve.   That one is the brake light switch it only has air when either the pedal or hand valve are applied.  

• Like 1