At work

B MACK

It is nice to have a moving "office".  Saw this sun rise out the KW window.      Yesterday  I was in a MACK end dump  ("YEH") and hauled up in the ding weeds.      Don't get to see much of that other 'scenery' like Other Dog sees. Lol.

100_1197.JPG

100_1206.JPG

100_1207.JPG

100_1209.JPG

• Like 1

Ding Weeds ?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I posted the other day,"when is a truck not a truck"? And it happened again!! TRUCK GOES OFF BRIDGE INTO CROWD BELOW ,KILLING FOUR! Out of control PICKUP not TRUCK, in San Diego a pickup went off a bridge and plowed into crowd below! The media can't  resist that truck  designation when everything from a F150 to a F 350 is a pickup!! So they can give the impression (however briefly) that a thundering 18 wheeler fell onto a group of hapless citizens taking four lives!

Billy

Main answer: Clearer air at higher elevations with NO surrounding light to close up your eyes. You can see the stars like that all over the west from US 90 in west Texas to I-90 in Montana.. Pull over in a desolate area (NO even distant lights) where you can safely park with ALL your lights OFF, give your eyes about 3 to 5 minutes to adjust to the dark, then stand between your tractor and trailer then look up.. You will be amazed

Edited by Brocky
  • Like 1

Brocky

Right Brocky! Read that the sky surrounding the McDonald observatory in the Davis mountains of w.Texas is some of the darkest in America it's certainty one of the most desolate areas I've been through! Ironically the Mt Palomar  Observatory is near San Diego so it has to have some " light pollution" but it's been there a long time so maybe they didn't count on all that population growth! Thanks for the response!