Crackerbox

Snow ball

• 2 weeks later...

Please define "crackerbox" the first "big truck" I ever drove was the tall, almost square aluminum road tractor. I think you are referring to the more rounded cab that came out in the late 50s.I believe the majority of them were medium duty hydraulic braked steel cabs that competed with the Ford "C" model. Like the Ford,however,they could be ordered as heavier spec'd air braked c/c or city and road tractors,with or without sleepers,and like the Ford if run in areas where salt was used they tended to rust out! I forgot to mention I'm referring to the gmc version. Ford and dodge also built a tall,square class 8 tractor or c/c that could be loosely referred to as a "crackerbox" but most old truckers, are referring to the class 8 gmc when using the term "crackerbox" Whew! Also as I'm sure you know Chevy also built a Cabover which I believe was the same cab as the gmc except for the grille and medallions.Don't know where you're from Snoball,but The Beaver Valleys Out behind the bar has a Craigslist reference for you!

Did you Google waterloo Iowa craigslist hvy equip snowball? is that what you refer to as a "crackerbox"? If it is and you are nearby that might be worth a look! If you're looking for the other types of cab BMT has a list of old trucks in the forum under trucks for sale,from all over the country. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...