Just Hello

Mack-A-B

I'm hoping to get some good ideas and suggestions on seeing the USA pulling our RV with a class B. We are pretty excited about only having a few more years to work and get started on the road. I've seen some awesome trucks and look forward to finding mine. I started looking at COE 1950's Whites, but I'm convinced a COE does not make a good vehicle for this towing application. Thank you for all your tips and advice you share. Good luck and be safe for everyone.

Pic what you want to drive. Keep in mind things like creature comforts you absolutely want, do you want a stick or an automatic?  I've been towing with the idea of picking up a fire engine (like the mobile command center type) which is already sort of set up like a motor home and is plenty stout enough to haul any vehicle you want behind it. Also look up the members Jumper and Son's rc puller project built out of an old fire truck, it's pretty slick. At any rate enjoy the process and welcome to BMT. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Thanks so much. I like the fire truck idea. I'm hoping to pull a fifth wheel travel trailer and be able to take our two grandson's with us during the summer months, So I guess I'll need some kind of sleeper conversion for them

No problem.  The truck jumper and son built seats 10, has an automatic transmission and they put a fifth wheel on it. The best part is old fire trucks are usually well maintained and fairly inexpensive. 

• Like 2

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

RVING is a great lifestyle. I been doing it since 1992.  My choice was motorhome rather than a 5th wheel or any pull behind. That is me I'm not condemming the non motorhome lifestyle.  Anything to get out an see this great country and spend time with family is fantastic. I can sit for hours and talk travel adentures with you.  For example, we were visiting our daughter and her family for an evening while enroute to another destination.  We were parked in a walmart and our grandson in second grade spent the night with us. Our daughter picked him up the next morning and took him to school. He was telling everyone he spent the night in a Walmart parking lot but neglected to tell he was with us and in our motorhome.  Wasn't too long before our daughter got a phone call from a school official wanting an explaination.  

Which ever route you go research it thoroughly and sit back and enjoy the lifestyle.  Contact me if I can be of any help.

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member