Lost E9 Engines

DSCannon

On 8/15/2016 at 9:53 AM, AZB755V8 said:

All the new spare French Military E9's came back to the States a while ago. There were about 10-14 of them and Dale Francis has them now. I saw a few there at his place... way cool to see but sadly they are all getting parted out. There was some major issues getting them back in the USA and they can not be sold complete due to emissions. Not being US emission certified is what he said.  There are about 10-12 more take outs over there but... the hassle of getting to them. If you had a big wad of cash I bet one could go out the back door. ;);) 

Are the parts for these V8 still available ? Need an oilpump for the  engine . Any leads or contact will be helpful

3 hours ago, faisal00100 said:

Are the parts for these V8 still available ? Need an oilpump for the  engine . Any leads or contact will be helpful

Yes parts are still available. The oil pumps normally do not go bad in the E9. The pressure relieve spring does over time. It wears the side of the spring in the housing and pressure is reduced as a result. Dale Frances Engineering in Painsville Ohio has all the parts from Mack when they cleared out Hagerstown. 440-254-4046 

I know he has the springs, I got 2 last year. PAI is a good source to.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2016 at 11:04 PM, AZB755V8 said:

Taking a closer look at that engine, those are E9 heads. Same bore but bigger stroke. Still wonder why it got shelved?? 

I did talk to the Mack engineer that got the 4 valve heads on the E9 and got the story on the Big 6 and E9. The Big 6 was in development and had lower end durability issues. The END865 was in production and most all the bad problems worked out over years of production. It was deemed easier and faster to use the big 4 valve head on the aging V8 than to continue development on the Big 6. The V8 was increase to 998 cu/in, the new 4 valve heads installed, lower end crank and oiling beefed up and all came to be the E9. It came down to using what was there and not starting from scratch. Mack knew they needed a big engine and the E9 was it. Glad it was produced in number and made big power.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...