Volvo CEO buys 30,000 Volvo shares for 2.7 million

kscarbel2

Dagens Industri  /  July 22, 2016

Volvo's CEO Martin Lundstedt  on July 22, three days after the company's report for the second quarter, bought 30,000 shares of Volvo Group.

The share purchase is clear from transparent reporting to the FSA.

The investment amounted to around 2.7 million kronor (US$311,526).

Volvo's share has since the report release on Tuesday backed down 0.44 percent.

Volvo reported on April 6* that Martin Lundstedt at that time owned 36,447 Series B shares worth 3.26 million kronor (US$376,139). The shares were purchased at the beginning of February.

* http://www.volvogroup.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/VGHQ/Volvo Group/Investors/Corporate Governance/AGM 2016/Appendix B Minutes AGM 2016.pdf

13 hours ago, james j neiweem said:

I guess he is gambling on Volvo moving in a positive direction. Might be a time to buy.:huh:

Far too expensive and risky. You should have bought Navistar in January at $6 like the rest of us. You'd have already doubled your money. Come to think of it, I never see you at the "BMT Investors" meetings.

3 hours ago, james j neiweem said:

I never heard of BMT investors.

I'm not surprised, BMT Investors is a very exclusive membership-only group. Mulally leaned on the group for financial support in '08 rather than have Ford accept a more complex government bailout. We meet each quarter down at Hilton Head, where Watts Mack has an executive time share.