The first year I had the LTL restored I took it to Phoenix AZ for the ATHS show. I met a real gentleman there by the name of John Cheeseman. He wanted my LTL real bad but I did not want to sell it. So I told him that we could build him one just like it. I was able to purchase a decent LTL for him and turned the restoration over to a good friend. John ended up deciding on making the LTL a single axle with the 275 Cummins engine. The finished truck was an exact duplicate of my LTL except it was a single axle. John also owned an LJ that Tom Spencer restored for him as well as a neat AB with a period correct trailer. I think it was a pull trailer. Anyways seeing the AB in Mikes post at the Iowa 80 museum brought back memories of John. He passed away probably 10 plus years ago. He owned Cheeseman trucking in NW Ohio and from what I heard it was a first class operation. It was sold to Zumstein?? Anyways I have never seen any of his trucks since and tried to contact his widow without any luck. Did anyone know John? and or know of where his beautiful collection went?

I've seen a Cheeseman truck in my travels around Ohio.  A quick google brings me their website.  Can't say I have any other information.  Wonder if anyone in the Black Swamp or Cincinnati chapter would have known him?   I know a few from Black swamp, but the Cincy Chapter I think is pretty thin these days and I don't really know anyone.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"