1970 R-685

66rmack

Testing the water, going to see if there is any interest in my 1970 r model. It's a Montana truck it's very nice for its age. Everything works but the swamp cooler on the roof. The interior needs a good cleaning but everything is there. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg It's got a 237 with a 5 speed and a 3 speed aux. It runs and drives great, and will run 80+ with the 24" rubber back tires are good fronts are rotted but have good tread. The farmer I bought it from said the miles were original the dash says 248k I think it says I've done a bunch of work. New 4" dual exhaust I fixed the frame the back was cut short. Added a receiver hitch. There is a buch of pics in my introduction. I drove it 660 mi home pulling my f250 and tool boxing a bumper pull with no trouble. And got lots of great looks and thumbs up. I would love to see this truck get a great home and hate to see it go but my dad is fading  and I'd like to get him something more practical. Idk what it's worth I was thinking maybe $5k but the price is not firm. Would make a good deal if it goes to a good home. I will not export except maybe to Canada. It has to stay on the main land. Located in WI near Minneapolis. Message me for details or pics. 

Nice looking old R - model!    Did the 1970 model year trucks still have a steel dash board?  A few pictures of the interior and frame would be nice. Is the three speed auxiliary transmission shifted by air or stick?

I like your truck. My first Mack was a '67 R-Model. I can't figger out the jig saw puzzle welded together on the passenger door..!! WTH is up with that..!?!  237 with a 5 speed combo moved millions of tons of cargo in this country.!

"If it ain't got a motor, I ain't interested.!!"

3 hours ago, jdfordhd said:

I like your truck. My first Mack was a '67 R-Model. I can't figger out the jig saw puzzle welded together on the passenger door..!! WTH is up with that..!?!  237 with a 5 speed combo moved millions of tons of cargo in this country.!

Lol I'm not sure what that is. I have a new door panel for it. I was actually surprised by the power it has.  I love the truck, but I'm just trying to get something my dad and I can do together. I'd love to fix it and paint it red to match the old mans 66. 

• 1 month later...