R-model vent window latches

Does anyone happen to know where to get stock R model vent window latches?
Either new at a good price. A part crossover, or aftermarket replacement style. Anything to lock up my cab from damn thieves.

I also need to get weather stripping for my cab. I'll be insulating the entire cab- fatmat/dynamat material and perhaps a thin bubble wrap barrier. Screamin Jimmie is loud and proud.

Sure appreciate any help.

Peace-

Jeff

You can call one of the Watts Mack Parts Department guys at 1-888-304-6225 . They have vent window latches and weatherstripping. I have used Restoration Specialties & Supply Inc. at 1-814-467-9842 for the stripping only and Watts for the latches.

• Like 1

Consider the hollow rubber tubing for the weather strips, (similar to that on new cars) we removed the solid foam type rubber from our B model and fitted the hollow tube, better fit, they mold into the door frame and better for wind proofing. Restoration Specialties should have the hollow rubber tube or your local rubber store.

Have you considered Lizard skin for sound and temp proofing!!!

• 9 months later...

Thanks guys. I shall call Watts today.

inagree on updating weather channel material. I have insulated my 82 with "fat mat" off e-bay and bubble insulation wrap. Also spraying undercoating inside doors along seams helps as well. 

Peace

I have not found the solution to putting together the latch. I cannot find a pin online so the latch will connect to the window frame. I found an old Chevy truck site and bought the pins but they were not a match fit with the latches I bought from Watts.I'm at a stand still on this project. 

Are they "Roll Pins?

If so go to harbor freight they have a 120 piece assortment for $5

http://www.harborfreight.com/120-piece-roll-pin-storehouse-67591.html

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Just now, Mike said:

Thx Paul, i'll try that. Surprizes me that the Chinese would make what I need. 

Ok.....looked on site but should be a backing round kinda flat that goes through the vent frame to protrude out long enough stem so handle will fit on. Different from what this shows. I think these roll pins lock the handle on to the shaft i'm speaking of.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Ok.....looked on site but should be a backing round kinda flat that goes through the vent frame to protrude out long enough stem so handle will fit on. Different from what this shows. I think these roll pins lock the handle on to the shaft i'm speaking of.

Take a photo of the handle and the shaft it goes on it you can. 

This  is what I bought for my B61 Mixer.  The shaft has a flat that limits the amount the handle turns and behind the flat is a 360 degree "channel" that the roll pin  fits against.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.be52e61b5606c81453d9735073ed2d7b.jpg

s-l1600a.thumb.jpg.b5a5202d4867d0e42dcb59b1714e4d67.jpg

58e52b2d4c2c5_T2eC16h!y0E9s2S9K11BRece6GTCw60_57.JPG.eacc24ea0d65c52093c60877751ce0f2.JPG

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

All of that stuff is what I need. I only have the handles. Nothing else came with it. I sure have suffered for no good reasons with just those vent windows. I farmed them out 5 years ago to a local hot rod shop they drug their feet so I finally had to pick them up, after them keeping them for many months. Paul how can I find those parts?

2 hours ago, Mike said:

All of that stuff is what I need. I only have the handles. Nothing else came with it. I sure have suffered for no good reasons with just those vent windows. I farmed them out 5 years ago to a local hot rod shop they drug their feet so I finally had to pick them up, after them keeping them for many months. Paul how can I find those parts?

Here is the link to Dennis Carpenters Ford Truck parts. It's on the second or third page.  I ended up pretty lucky because the 1948  to 1952 matches the B shaped vent close not exact but close enough to work well. 1953 and up is close the R model vent parts. .    Paul

http://dennis-carpenter.com/trk48-56vent-window/c/507/

P.T.CHESHIRE

13 hours ago, 41chevy said:

Here is the link to Dennis Carpenters Ford Truck parts. It's on the second or third page.  I ended up pretty lucky because the 1948  to 1952 matches the B shaped vent close not exact but close enough to work well. 1953 and up is close the R model vent parts. .    Paul

http://dennis-carpenter.com/trk48-56vent-window/c/507/

WOW!.....I totally forgot Dennis Carpenter from when I was in the Music City Mustang Club, in the 1980's. Well many thanks for that info Paul. I think their is a site that is called BlueOval.com not sure, i'll have to search my notes later. 

• Like 1