new engine for my truck.

GreenGiant2

17 ton. No heads ,rods, intake or exhaust or water jacket.  Have 1 more to move all together. That one will be over 20 ton. Never fear, brockway to the rescue 

• Like 1

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

51 minutes ago, BOB DINGSDALE said:

what is that out of?

???

Looks like an old Tug Boat power plant?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Winton. Is the manufacturer.  Built in 1935 and was coupled to a Gen set to provide power for the town of Arcade ny.

Ran till 1955 and purchased by a gravel pit for power. Ran till 1985 when a thief stole all the copper from the electric service.  At that time the owner refused to fix and purchased a new cat Gen set.

The one that I have to haul still runs even after being in a big building fire over 10 yrs ago. I would post other pics of gravel pit but I have not asked owner yet and has many older trucks and don't want to have an issue.

On a side note these engines where used in the battle ships. When in battle they couldn't keep up with the cruisers  so Winton produced aluminum pistons. They found out that they would melt. So they made new ones from aluminum and bralilium. At the time it was top secret and doubled the rpm and hp. This one is 375 rmp and 500 hp.

• Like 1

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

This one weighs a little more than before. 26 ton ...had crane problems and couldn't hoist so with the help of a 980 cat l Ioader and 320 cat exc. We got it high enough to back under. But once it was up the crane could handle it.