V8 1977 F model for sale

ranchhopper

Wow, Ex-firetruck. Probably actual 15K miles on the clock and maintained perfectly. Automatic, 865/866 V8 what is not to like for $1100 now. Wow, Bow, Wow... that is one dog worth saving. Can over look a day cab for that price. Hell put a 24-30 foot box on it and have a RV. It would be cool for little money. It would be really cool pulling a matching 28 foot pup trailer.  Wish I had more room and time.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2016 at 9:28 PM, AZB755V8 said:

WOW that went for $1625. It was worth more in scrap!!!

Maybe where you are but here in KC area that truck weighs 16500 at most and at $110 with no tires that is about $900.  Maybe another $100 more if you cut it up and stripped it into "clean" pieces. 

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

2 hours ago, thomastractorsvc said:

Maybe where you are but here in KC area that truck weighs 16500 at most and at $110 with no tires that is about $900.  Maybe another $100 more if you cut it up and stripped it into "clean" pieces. 

Might be showing my age or that I haven't been to the scrapyard in several years. Last time was with the boy's and showing them that metal junk was worth money when we emptied the piles for the last time. At that time ferrous metal was $200 a ton. Phoenix prices seemed high but my brother in Ohio made Bank scraping a few trucks back then. One was R719-1003, third one built, with a ENDT864 twin turbo, that guys are looking for now, still have the turbos. Wish I had some of that stuff, now it's worth more than scrap price. ;)

I think the high was about ten years ago when China was buying scrap ships and filling them with scrap and leaving them float until needed. The point was that this truck was a Great deal for someone that wanted it. Even for just a low milage 865 V8 engine or auto trans...  :D

• 5 months later...