how good is the air power steering atleast i think its air i have one on my b63 just wondering if its a good setup want to keep the truck original

Not too awful bad when all parts are new. A little slop in the tie rod ends, king pins, drag link, or torque valve and you've got erratic operation. The torque valve only has to move about .090 internally to start routing air to assist steering effort. Loose parts and all goes haywire.

Main drawback is the "jockeying" into position with a trailer. The air depletes quickly with wheel turning and the little 7.25 cubic ft. compressor struggles to keep up on a B series truck.

Going down the road it is great as you still have manual steering road feel. That is something you didn't have in the days of hydraulic assist steering.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

how good is the air power steering atleast i think its air i have one on my b63 just wondering if its a good setup want to keep the truck original

The only experience with the air steering I have is an R-model that H.H.Moore had. It was only used as a "switch truck", AKA "yard dog", used to spot trailers at the chipper, and drop them on the yard, then put another empty at the chipper. As far as I know it worked very well, but i've never driven a truck with air steering over the road.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.