R model full fenders

Hi all, wanting to replace my 1/4 fenders with either stainless or aluminum full fenders. Wanting to go with the smooth finish but seems like the style with the pleats set the older trucks off more. Wanting a set that go about half way down the tires. Any suggestions on brands would be of great help. Thanks!

I have a single axle B model and put aluminum ribbed full fenders made by "fleet Engineers". I bought them from "truck n tow" they sent me a free shipping deal. I'm happy, but my word of advice is spend the extra $ for the stainless over the aluminum. I wish I would have.post-18910-0-91853600-1456118974_thumb.jpost-18910-0-75658900-1456119034_thumb.j

Okay. I guess some brands of stainless aren't too pricey except for hodgebuilt. Wanting fulls because I don't pull with the truck, just goes to shows and am always afraid something will fly off the tires and hit back of the cab or even worse the window. Thanks for the info & pics!

I have Life-Time 18 gauge stainless corrugated fenders on my truck, they where about $800 for the set when I got them 2 yrs ago. They are one piece and I already had the brackets on the truck. A nice quality fender and they look sharp when all polished.

post-13513-0-15920300-1456163900_thumb.j

• Like 2

Different brands cost different indeed but their products are made of either different stainless steel and thiknesses.

If you go with 304 SS it's a top quality material.

If you slow down to 430 as I've done you might save some dimes.

A couple of years back I put the pair of boxed style tailights on the truck.

They were offered as a economy product and made of 430 SS.

After two winters outside I found neither of dark spots or other issues on their surface and resolved fenders of the same steel would work fine for a hobby truck. My one has Canadian spread rears and I was able to order a set of Trux (or called something like that) ribbed ss full's for just a bit more than $500 from Big Rig Chrome Shop.

I would give you an advice to pay attention to parts that fitted to trucks at a truck show. You can note a style they mounted, a way they actually look and what is more important their condition during a service.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I guess those full fenders work out ok on a play truck but I can't figure out how to mount a set on a camelback that sees off-road and keep them from getting torn off.

I'd like to put a set on my RD but if you mount them low enough to stay out of the trailer, the tires will get into them during articulation. Unless y'all know something I don't.

My truck has no problem with the articulation on the camel back, plenty of room for them to go up and down and still be below the 5th wheel. I had to replace mine because who ever drove it before me got the rear portion one to many times getting under the lowbed.