What Is This Diamond Plated Called?

ThaddeusW

Hello all,

I need to know if anyone here knows what this style of diamond plate is called. I see it used allot on European trucks for custom decking, fenders etc and I was wondering if it is available here in the USA.

gallery_314_135_75789.jpg

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Hello all,

I need to know if anyone here knows what this style of diamond plate is called. I see it used allot on European trucks for custom decking, fenders etc and I was wondering if it is available here in the USA.

don't know the exact name ,but it is use by several fire truck manufactors

Hello all,

ThaddeusW,

Just to reiterate what HotRod said - this is what we call chequerplate in Australia. Try your local steel supplier or truck accessory shop.....

Joe

Looks good, But does it work well as a walking platform behind a cab? Also can it be obtained here in the states.

Thank you!

mike :mack1:

I have the aluminium as a walking platform behind the cab and I made mudguards for the rears from steel checkerplate.

Good material - looks good.

Rod.

Proud owner of;

1961 Mack B61 prime mover.

1981 International ACCO 1810C DualCab Fire Truck

• 1 month later...
I have the aluminium as a walking platform behind the cab and I made mudguards for the rears from steel checkerplate.

Good material - looks good.

Rod.

Rod,

Thinking of that, aluminium chequerplate is good as long as it is polished and kept clean! Dad has powdercoated steel chequerplate on the floor of the tray on the back of his 1998 RZN149R HiLux cab/chassis - it never gets washed or cleaned but has small amounts of surface rust on the very top of the powdercoat which will not penetrate the extreme lower surfaces!

Joe

Thad

I found this http://www.allmetalssupply.com/5_bar.htm

The one in your pic is considered an 4 bar diamond plate". Looks like it has more slats to better hold wet rain and ice :lol: . This alows you to fall on your butt faster and not know what or why it happend. With the standard diamond plate you would look at the wet plate,then lightly step on the wet plate, dance around and then fall down knowing you were going to do so anyways! :blink:

Thad

I found this http://www.allmetalssupply.com/5_bar.htm

The one in your pic is considered an 4 bar diamond plate". Looks like it has more slats to better hold wet rain and ice :lol: . This alows you to fall on your butt faster and not know what or why it happend. With the standard diamond plate you would look at the wet plate,then lightly step on the wet plate, dance around and then fall down knowing you were going to do so anyways! :blink:

Thanks Trent! I will look into it.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!