B61 Windshield ?

LOOKING FOR ADVICE ON THE BEST PLACE TO GET NEW OR REPLACEMENT WINDSHIELD MOLDINGS, RUBBER,AND GLASS. LOCATED OUTSIDE PHILA., IN NJ.

OR, DOES ANYONE HAVE THESE ITEMS FOR SALE ?? thanks

Barry at the B model store can set you right up. Those items are readily available new.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Thanks Rob, we do have all of that stuff in stock!

Hey Barry,

what's the price on 2 windshields and the back glass? my windshields are scratched, probably from years of concrete dust, and have that "fog" around the edges, and the back glass is cracked.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Hey Barry,

what's the price on 2 windshields and the back glass? my windshields are scratched, probably from years of concrete dust, and have that "fog" around the edges, and the back glass is cracked.

Tom, my hammer is ready to help you remove your existing glass.

It would be beneficial for you to order both the perimeter seal, and locker strips for the glass also. The old rubber is tough to work with but can be done. Use a small bead of "bedding compound" around the pinchweld when setting the new glass seal to guard againt migratory leakage.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Tom, my hammer is ready to help you remove your existing glass.

It would be beneficial for you to order both the perimeter seal, and locker strips for the glass also. The old rubber is tough to work with but can be done. Use a small bead of "bedding compound" around the pinchweld when setting the new glass seal to guard againt migratory leakage.

Rob

gee,thank you Rob, you're always there to help! However, i have a big hammer and would appreciate it much more if you'd come over and install the new glass for me. I'll watch and try to learn from the master. :rolleyes:

gee,thank you Rob, you're always there to help! However, i have a big hammer and would appreciate it much more if you'd come over and install the new glass for me. I'll watch and try to learn from the master. :rolleyes:

I'll come up there and tint 'em for ya Tom. That's about the best i can do...lol

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

I just turn the hammer around backwards.......

Rob

oh, I got it, thanks again. I put the rubber on first, hold the glass against it and drive it in with the hammer...sounds easy enough :unsure:

Don't forget to use 4 penny nails around the perimeter to hold the glass in place until the glue sets up. Drive them till flush with the surface of the seal for a professional look. Of course for the look of "class", you could use fillister head screws. You know me; Just trying to help.

May come through the Roanoke area as I can get my itenerary settled. One more party on this list to visit, and retrieve parts from on my trip.

Rob

Don't forget to use 4 penny nails around the perimeter to hold the glass in place until the glue sets up. Drive them till flush with the surface of the seal for a professional look. Of course for the look of "class", you could use fillister head screws. You know me; Just trying to help.

May come through the Roanoke area as I can get my itenerary settled. One more party on this list to visit, and retrieve parts from on my trip.

Rob

I only live about 60 miles east of Roanoke :D