Brake lights on all the time

93 CH613, my brake lights stay on all the time. The fuse that controls the tractor lights also powers the trailer stop light relay. I have taken my turn signal switch apart and cleaned it and nothing had changed. When I put a test light to the primary and secondary air switches, one switch lights up fine, the other not so much. When I probe the pole on it nothing, then if I just roll the light a mm it lights up. Note: there was no trailer wiring installed before the symptom started. Looking for a direction on where to go

Thanks

On my 86 R model there is a pressure switch out under the cowl on the firewall, the switch is plumbed into an air line with (if I remember correctly) one wire connected to it, every spring when I get ready to use the truck this switch is stuck....I tap it a few times and it releases and works fine the rest of the summer, maybe this is where you could look for your problem. The switch could be stuck or failed..Hope this helps.

I believe the switch requires air pressure to switch it off...I say this because I usually have to have the brake pedal compressed for my described 'fix' to work.

I once had such an issue and found out (with a help of this forum folks) that my trolley valve lever was moved a bit. I was surprized that lever could do anything to the truck with no trailer but it lightened up my brake lights instantly.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 3 years later...