I have a 99 Mack Vision cx613. It has a really bad lean to the right. Its on the cab and the chassis. The frame is lower on the right side from the right front drive wheel to the front right steering, by 1.5 inches. The spring itself on the passenger side is closer to the frame on that side than the drivers side. I don't know if this has anything to do with the lean or not, but there is a spring spacer shim missing on the right spring on the front drive axle. Also , I just replaced the leveling valve on the cab and the left shock under the cab. The right one is still original. Does anyone have any ideas about why I might have the lean, which is more noticeable at the front, especially when im loaded? Is there a cab mount that could be missing, and where is it located? Can the right side spring on the steering axle be shimmed up? Also the left steering tire is cupping while the right side isn't. Im learning as I go, so im not quite sure where to look. The truck has 946K miles on it. The shocks and springs are all original, so things are wearing out, which after 16 years is not unexpected. If anyone has had or has a leaning problem, id appreciate your input. Thanks. Sweatpants.

I would start with the springs on the steer axle since you have almost a million miles and claim they are original. A lot of CXs had two leave front springs, which in my opinion were not sturdy enough to start with. There are three leaf upgrade kits for the front springs. Any good spring shop should be able to help you out with that. Also, over the course of my ownership, I replaced the entire front cab mounts on my CX. There are bushings that wear out, but the mounting brackets themselves also rust and rot. You may have a cab mount on the right side that is collapsing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yep start with springs. New springs and schackles. No need to go heavier. The reason one side had a spacer is to level the truck out. There is a tsb on that. Springs and bushings are just maintenance, think of all the pounding they take.

Especially in a milk truck!

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.