F607t Finds New Home

Underdog

I am proud to announce the arrival of a new old pup in Underdog's yard.(pictures are posted in my gallery)

I heard about this truck at Gearhart's 2008 show in Lititz,PA. It is a 1963 F607T sleeper in what I say to be excellent original condition. This truck was not at the show, but an aquaintance mentioned a really clean F model was at a dealer near Port Jervis,NY , about 60 miles from my home. I could not wait to see it so I put off work Monday 10/6 and hopped on my motorcycle for a chilly morning ride. I was at the dealer's lot before he opened at 8a.m. The most intriguing thing about this truck is the recent fuel tax decals indicating that it was in operation as late as 2006! Not bad for a 45 year young Bulldog!

To find an F model with little to no RUST is amazing as well. Some kind-hearted owner had certainly taken good care over the years. Other than kingpins, this truck will pass state inspection, so that morning I paid the man, and returned on Saturday 10/11 to DRIVE her home. Keep an eye on my gallery for updates and my F model and I will see you at

Macungie 2009!!!

Underdog, I seen that same truck on The Truck Paper, what kind of engine does it have?

I thought just looking at it it looked pretty good, including the fuel permits.

Congradulations on your new find. :D

Dak49

I got real excited about this truck. I have always liked F models, there were tons around when I was a kid! As you know most rotted away to nothing over the years. As a mechanic it always impresses me to find a truck that has been taken care of the way it should be.

This one has an END673 @ 187 horsepower with a Duplex and 4.25 rear axle. I opened it up on the way home; she's good for 63mph!

I got real excited about this truck. I have always liked F models, there were tons around when I was a kid! As you know most rotted away to nothing over the years. As a mechanic it always impresses me to find a truck that has been taken care of the way it should be.

This one has an END673 @ 187 horsepower with a Duplex and 4.25 rear axle. I opened it up on the way home; she's good for 63mph!

I even like it.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

thats a clean looking F Model btw the way thats also a sweet looking money maker bulldog ya got a spred axle dump wagon is rare round here where im @ B)

yall have a safeone :)

:mack1:

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm looking forward to getting the F model in top shape, maybe even make some money with that one, too!

BTW Bulldog Man, maybe you can explain to me WHY spread axle dumps are so rare in the southern states. I know you sacrifice tare weight, but spreads are pretty much standard north of the Mason-Dixon.