What boost should I be seeing?

Mcrafty1

Lots of talk on here about boost but.....I haven't seen any talk at all about the EM6 250 which is what I have in my 86 RD685S, All of the talk I see about boost is always well above what I see with my truck, my question is: What boost should I expect to see from my engine?

Between 8-16 psi.

Thanks, that's were I'm at so I guess I'm good to go, I just thought it a bit low because of every other post I seen on other Mack engines it was always higher, but as I stated in my OP I hadn't seen anything concerning my engine. Not much talk here about the EM6...I guess it's a little outdated now, sort of like talking about hand grenades when atomic bombs are the norm. :D But it does what I need it to and the payment book is long gone :banana:

Yeah, the boost numbers are for sure low compared to any other engine I've seen, does anyone ever do anything to get more boost from these engines? if so what would it take? bigger turbo maybe?

I do enjoy working the old truck and it does a good job as is but if I could tweak it a little for cheap that would be good too.

I actually see in the 10-11 to 16-17 range so I guess I'm in the ball park...... for they way the truck pulls now I wouldn't consider spending much money on injectors/turbos and fuel pumps to jump it up 25 HP, I have the pump set up a bit now and the truck runs good, just that I have to watch the exhaust temp when I'm in long pulls, I was hoping more boost might help it in that area but seeing as I drive the truck myself I don't worry much about it. when it gets up close to 1000 degrees I start thinking about dropping a gear. It's a 6 speed and I like to stay in high gear when possible but I won't cook it to do that.