Help with gaskets

Just get some gasket shellac and some gasket paper, problem solved.

Not sure where you live but I know Autozone is nationwide

http://www.autozone.com/sealants-glues-adhesives-and-tape/indian-head-gasket-shellac?filterByKeyWord=gasket+shellac&fromString=search

http://www.autozone.com/sealants-glues-adhesives-and-tape/gasket-material/fel-pro-10-x-26-x-1-32-in-rubber-and-fiber-gasket-material-sheet/67683_0_0/

And I will make this guy famous short and sweet and to the point.

• Like 2

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Isn't the same part for even later model stuff? 237/285/300? Should be available at local Mack dealer then?

I just did the hammer trick to make a gasket for my compressor mount. Didn't want to go through the hassle of buying one at Mack, got some paper and made it.

I've got a box full of random gaskets for a 673. Can't guarantee there are ones in it? I can look around if you like. Not really sure what they look like or the sizes(as my 673 is all together). Can you post up nice full size pictures?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Not sure on getting them from Mack, I just figured they would not have them. I'll get some pics up later. The hammering won't work on for what I'm needing, two are for the thermostat and one is for the housing that is raised and not flat.

Edited by medicpelle

These your gaskets? Got mine from Watts Mack.

post-3242-0-54647900-1447368492_thumb.jp

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Yes they do, talk to Barry at WATTs and tell him you are from BMT (here) so does NAPA if they will look for them in a paper catalog not the computer. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE