B vent window restoration?

I did some L vent windows and the rubber from Chalmers was $240 for the set. The rubber is now no longer available. I used some reproduction locking chrome handles from an early 40's Ford and a stud repair kit because the originals were seized on the stud. The look is a little different but not too bad. That was about $60.00 or so I think. The chrome was redone and was around $325.00. $75.00 was for new glass. My labor rate is $.01/ hour. A few bucks for some rattle can black and gas to run to the chrome shop brings the total to about $775.

I don't know the price of the B rubber vent kit but that will give you an idea.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

about the same price give or take. all depends if you have the ambition to cut the rivets on a B model window, have the parts chromed, put it back together and deal with the broken handle issue or you wanna be lazy and bolt a pair right in and move on. I have done a few pairs, they are not that bad. the rubber parts are probably a little over 300 now from steele rubber products plus you need the glass run for the back side.

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg