AI 460 cam

bem14

I'm not exactly sure what parts and programming are involved, but I know a guy that did that to a Mack CV Granite tractor. It was an AI460. I'm not sure if he re cammed it to an ASET AC cam or just an E-tech pre EGR cam???

The truck burns around 10% less fuel to do the same job as before. Has a little more low end grunt and the EGTs dropped about 200 degrees. Never had it dynoed before but after my AMI 370 made 365hp to the ground which I didn't think was too bad

• 7 months later...

We did it often in our Dealership. You need to find a CCRS engine with the same HP rating. Get a chassis vin from 2003 that was pre-egr (and CCRS) then use that to parts search. Mack stopped selling the full camshaft kit. You can still get a good cam and full kit from PAI, it is equal quality of OEM and costs much less. Also take the high restriction ex manifold off and switch back to a 2003 pre-egr manifold. Take the turbo exhaust shell off and hog it to match the flow outlet. I have a contact for 50HP injectors. You'll gain 50HP with no modification beyond an injector swap out. About $75 per tip. AI can be a great engine but you need to throw a little $$ into it. Most of our guys left the cam alone and did a "breather" mod on it with injectors and manifold switch. If you take away exhaust restriction you can nullify the AI, injectors do the rest.