Considering a Mack.

I own a t800 I use to pull an end dump. I gross 80-90 thousand pounds. I'm looking to add another truck to the fleet. I love my t800, it's been an outstanding truck but I'm not looking to spend so much on this one. I'm looking at a ch613 with really low miles in the 30-40 thousand dollar range. Another forum I visit said to make sure and get an Al engine. What would be the best, most durable motor and transmission for my application? Thanks in advance

2001...as I said, no problems.

usual maint. stuff, fan, water pump, did have the center section of exhaust manifold break. Coolant hose here and there.

BUT have not had to open motor at all

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

2002 and up

actually, the newer ones with MP series are good. Just make sure the bugs got worked out of them.

get the vin# and go to a MACK dealer. They can pull it up and tell you what was done/not done.

BUT, that is if it were done at a MACK shop.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

a friend of mine bought a new granite this spring with a mp7 405 hp and it has been a nightmare!!!! Towed 7 times brought into the dealer several other times. Injectors replaced, regen system replaced and computer replaced and it still won't run right. Mack promised him a new truck if they didn't get it right the next time several brake downs ago but haven't come through. They are currently sending a tech to his shop to run a regen cycle manually with a lap top to get him through the week with it. They are only getting it to complete a 30% regen. They told him that if he had financed it they would have helped him out with the payments during all the down time but since he payed cash he is SOL. STAY AWAY FROM THE MP MOTORS!