Might be buying 05 granite with 460 (can I pump it up)

mackncheese

I have an agreement to buy a truck subject to inspection and a test drive. If I buy the truck can I pump up the horsepower? It is an 05 granite with a 460 and an 18 sp. I'm not sure if it is an aset or not. Rochester does not show any injectors or turbo kits for asets. I already have a 1999 E7 in an rd 690 and know I will want more power. If I buy the truck I was planning on dropping it off at Antrim but after reading 20 pages of the forum I am not sure if you can modify this engine. Thanks for your time.

The main issue with the ceramic lifters is lack of valve adjustments at the recommended times. The truck mackncheese is looking at has ceramic lifters. Mackncheese only thing I can suggest is for you to go to your local dealer and have them see if the programming is at step 12B. If it is not they can call tech support and have them turn it on and program it. If they tell you they can't tell you if it is at step 12B give me the vin and I will check for you.

The seller agreed to lower the price some to compensate for the rust. I ran the vin at the Mack dealer and it is an AI engine. Can I put stage 2 injectors and matching turbo in it and the 12B programming (if it doesn't already have it) and have a good pulling truck? Should I have the ceramic lifters replaced or the valves adjusted? The vin is 1M2AG10C75M026820. Thank you all for your time.

just do a valve adjustment first before getting into the engine without need, I do recommend to remove the oil pan and inspect main bearings and connecting rod bearings,oil pump and inspect bottom end, that way you'll know the true state of the engine, by seeing it yourself