Underdog,new Member

Underdog

I was surfin the 'net and came across your website today and all you folks seem to be just as crazy about Mack Trucks as I am, so I should fit in here okay. The guys I work with won't let me play 'cause I don't have a Pete or KW. Meanwhile my little Bulldog just keeps on down the road making money (900,000 miles and still ticking). You can call me Underdog and you might see me anywhere east of the Mississippi truckin' it up. I run a 2000 CX613 Vision and spread axle 40' dump trailer. I will post pictures ASAP for anyone interested. I am based out of eastern PA. and run the Ohio river valley mostly.

I worked as a full time mechanic for 10 years, and have been on the road with my own truck since 1998. Just wanted to intro myself and looking forward to chattin' with y'all. C-YA!!!

good to converse with like minded folks,otherdog. Not to brag, but if you have seen my truck you would remember it. Everyone says it is quite distinctive and I am proud of that. I'm not too proud of my computer skills,though. If all goes well I have attached photos so you can spot me on the road. Let me know what you are running so I know what to look for.

I won't hold it against you. America is a great country, you can drive any truck you want to.

My experience tells me if you are kind to your mule it will serve you well, doesn't really matter whose name is on the grille.

BTW, good looking Pete if I may say.

Aww hell. Just when I was preparing to go Postal on the fact that he drives a damned Peterbilt, you cut my legs off with articulate logic and diplomacy that is both fair, and unbiased.

I herby nominate Underdog for president!!

BTW, Me and Momma say "Welcome to the site"! Lot's of nice folks here.

Sorry I can't be one!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Aww hell. Just when I was preparing to go Postal on the fact that he drives a damned Peterbilt, you cut my legs off with articulate logic and diplomacy that is both fair, and unbiased.

Sorry I can't be one!

Rob

sorry 'bout that,I have to drive what Jeff gives me :D

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

sorry 'bout that,I have to drive what Jeff gives me :D

I have to agree with our newest presidential candidate Underdog's statement as it is a good looking truck. Your boss looks after you quite well it appears.

Was it "Forward Thinking" to provide you with that large sleeper so you wouldn't be uncomforable waiting on a wrecker??

I better go as I don't seem to be able to be good this morning, (according to Momma)!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

good to converse with like minded folks,otherdog. Not to brag, but if you have seen my truck you would remember it. Everyone says it is quite distinctive and I am proud of that. I'm not too proud of my computer skills,though. If all goes well I have attached photos so you can spot me on the road. Let me know what you are running so I know what to look for.

That is a very nice unit and looks/works well together.

You have the right to be proud.

Rob

Sorry I can't be one!

Rob

thanks Underdog,for jumping in there first and sparing me from the wrath of Rob! Rob has never been known to be wrong(yet),but you don't want to get on his bad side.

I have to agree with our newest presidential candidate Underdog's statement as it is a good looking truck. Your boss looks after you quite well it appears.

Was it "Forward Thinking" to provide you with that large sleeper so you wouldn't be uncomforable waiting on a wrecker??

I better go as I don't seem to be able to be good this morning, (according to Momma)!

Rob

:lol::lol::lol:...now that's just funny right there! Yeah,Jeff's pretty smart like that.I've got a refrigerator in it too. as a matter of fact i'm at home now instead of on the way to Cincinnati because it's broke down again. It did make it in under it's own power though. I passed everybody on I-85 from Atlanta to Greensboro with 46,000 lbs. of rebar on.Then the engine light came on and everybody passed me back before I got to Richmond.It's at the Cat place now.

it's broke down again.

oooooh man, nothing like throwing a gallon of diesel on a raging inferno!! I could have a lot of fun with that in my cruel, dimented and twisted sort of way.

Actually I hope this downtime is not costing you due to unavailability. Breakdowns are a bitch no matter what the brand. That actually brings up another point: Mack Trucks do not "break down". And I mean never. Occasionally, they "Fail to proceed".

Hope your back on the road on short order!

Rob

oooooh man, nothing like throwing a gallon of diesel on a raging inferno!! I could have a lot of fun with that in my cruel, dimented and twisted sort of way.

Actually I hope this downtime is not costing you due to unavailability. Breakdowns are a bitch no matter what the brand. That actually brings up another point: Mack Trucks do not "break down". And I mean never. Occasionally, they "Fail to proceed".

Hope your back on the road on short order!

Rob

I told Jeff one time I had a gallon of gasoline in the side box in case it catches on fire :D . It should be fixed today,i'll be leaving for Cincinnati Sunday-it was just an intake valve actuator malfunction (about the third time,along with broken rocker arms a couple of times, one turbo, overheating problems-mostly Cat problems more than Peterbilt)

I told Jeff one time I had a gallon of gasoline in the side box in case it catches on fire :D . It should be fixed today,i'll be leaving for Cincinnati Sunday-it was just an intake valve actuator malfunction (about the third time,along with broken rocker arms a couple of times, one turbo, overheating problems-mostly Cat problems more than Peterbilt)

I just don't think the new 475/550's are up to par with the old manual pump cat motor's, which usually had alot of air-to-air problems. Not dogging your truck at all, or anybody else's. The new Cummins are having alot of EGR problems, and a few turbo problems at low miles. 60 series detroit seems to be a decent motor though & the N-14 Cummins was always good one in my opinion, Peterbilt stop using the detroit around '01 I believe. Good looking truck Underdog, I say you can run with those Pete's and Kw's just fine. Sorry to hear about that again Tom, They should be fixing that for free by now....

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

I just don't think the new 475/550's are up to par with the old manual pump cat motor's, which usually had alot of air-to-air problems. Not dogging your truck at all, or anybody else's. The new Cummins are having alot of EGR problems, and a few turbo problems at low miles. 60 series detroit seems to be a decent motor though & the N-14 Cummins was always good one in my opinion, Peterbilt stop using the detroit around '01 I believe. Good looking truck Underdog, I say you can run with those Pete's and Kw's just fine. Sorry to hear about that again Tom, They should be fixing that for free by now....

yeah,I agree,that N14 was hard to beat,I drove several of them,the W900 I drove for Jeff before he traded for this Peterbilt was my all time favorite truck-had an N14 525 in it,never broke down,only once failed to proceed when the air compressor "come undone". Todd's getting ISX Cummins engines in the new trucks and one of them had the water pump go out on the very first trip-like trucks,they don't make 'em like they used to!

Thank you all for the kind welcome however I must respectfully decline your nomination for president, as I am currently busy at my current post as chief, cook, bottle washer and tank polisher !!!

Awwwww Shucks there Underdog. I was hoping you would deliver us from the unforsaken depths of uncertainty we have descended to.

Would you rise to the occasion if "Sweet Polly Purebred" was in despair, or harms way? Don't know of too many phone booths these days so conversion to superhero may be difficult on such short order. Underdog always prevails, so I have the upmost confidence in you.

Please reconsider before declining. The country needs you, Mack Trucks needs you, (from the evil rath of Volvo ownership), and the World NEEDS YOU!!!

Finding another qualified candidate with your overwhelming credentials this late in the election process would be most difficult, and bringing them to the forefront quickly would be an undauting task that is possibly unobtainable. You CAN'T quite us now!!!

I would've been interested in the position myself but I can't cook, and when I wash bottles, I leave spots. I've also got a First Lady that goes by "Momma".

'Sides that, you already got me and other dog ready to campaign for YOU. Could prolly enlist Paul, and Bulldog Man onto the rolls also. This is of course cause we know a good thing when we see it.

And you know, "It just don't get no better'n that"!

Rob

Can't you see how busy I am??? I don't see Obamadog(wassup dogg)coming over to help me polish! Oh well, somebody said polishing a Mack was like putting lipstick on a pig anyway!!!

Thanks Rob for giving MY wife the CB handle she always wanted(Sweet Polly Purebred). Why didn't I think of that?

Can't you see how busy I am??? I don't see Obamadog(wassup dogg)coming over to help me polish! Oh well, somebody said polishing a Mack was like putting lipstick on a pig anyway!!!

Thanks Rob for giving MY wife the CB handle she always wanted(Sweet Polly Purebred). Why didn't I think of that?

Showing my age here but I used to watch "Underdog" every morning before school!

That's a great CB handle for your wife! I probably would not have thought of it myself not knowing your marital status at the time.

Glad to be of service.

My wife does not like trucks, or anything to do with them. That must be why I have so many to make up for the shortfall?

Rob

That's a great CB handle for your wife! I probably would not have thought of it myself not knowing your marital status at the time.

Glad to be of service.

My wife does not like trucks, or anything to do with them. That must be why I have so many to make up for the shortfall?

Rob

"There's no need to fear...Underdog is here!" Rob comes through again! :notworthy: Rob has never been known to be wrong about anything...yet. :dwave:

Glad to be of service.

Rob

Sweet Polly Purebred suits her well and she has taken it as her own. My handle UNDERDOG came not from the cartoon(although it was one of my favorites) but from my first truck. She was a special needs bulldog and I spent much time

"UNDER that DOG" as Polly used to say. I won't say she LOVES the new truck, but is much more tolerant...