I Just Found This Web Site

dak49

Hello all, I go by dak49 I have visited this a few times, I do not own any truck, but I have driven for just over 30 years. I started out in a 1966 R model with a 237 and Quadraplex it wasn't fast but it interesting in that since it was a Maxidine engine I could shift just about when ever I wanted. I later moved up to an R model that had a 285 horse and 2 stick 6, I really liked that. Then I started driving a Freightliner, it was ok, but I think after driving a Mack it was a let down especially with a Detroit, 8V71.

If anyone is intrested, I found an FS700L for sale, its kind of ruff, and its only a single drive axle, I think its a 300 horse, with a 5 speed, well the 5 speed I know for sure. Hasn't run in about 8 years, some rust but the floor seems solid.

Its located in Rogers, Arkansas. I talked to the guy that owns it and he said he would take $700-800 for it. I'll try to post some pictures of it here. (if I can figure it out)

post-2685-1220151629_thumb.jpg

post-2685-1220151685_thumb.jpg

:WELCOME: looks like you figured out the picture posting thing all right. Not a bad looking F-model there-worth way more than that for parts,or...it hurts me...I can't say it... j.j.j.-scr...aaargh,I can't say junk or scrap,that's a good looking truck,at a good price-just needs a good home. :Mixer1:

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

:WELCOME: looks like you figured out the picture posting thing all right. Not a bad looking F-model there-worth way more than that for parts,or...it hurts me...I can't say it... j.j.j.-scr...aaargh,I can't say junk or scrap,that's a good looking truck,at a good price-just needs a good home. :Mixer1:

Other Dog, I agree its in pretty good shape, I just can't afford it right now. I'm thinking, I may try to borrow the money just to save it from being "scraped". One problem it does have is someone cut about a 5 inch hole in the top just above the center of the cab and rain, snow, and ice tore the head liner down and the fiber glass is all over everything. I do think a good clean up and a little work it may run, and look a little better. It does have a lot of surface rust, and some was pretty deep, but mostly from what I could see its just surface. I'll try to get the serial number this wekend and post it to see if anyone can figure out just what it is. I remember seeing it was built in California, but that's all I can remember. I have some more pictures, but I kept getting "photo is too big"

Thanks Dak49

I see a old Chief freight lines trailer there in the photo.They were located in Tulsa untill they closed their doors. I worked with their old service manager untill his Death about three years ago.

I remember Chief as well, if I remember correctly they went out in 1978 or 79.

I don't know if the trailer is for sale or not though.

Good Day

Dak49

WHERE'S ROB at???HE WOULD PROBABLY JUMP ON THIS BEAUTY. REMINDS ME OF ONE I USED TO TAKE RIDES IN WHEN I WAS A KID. STILL AM A KID LOL

I will not opt to purchase something "out from under somebody else", (how's THAT for ethics). I've seen the truck here, and if there is no interest, I would like to purchase it. I've never had a cabover and a "Western" type Mack would be great in my "collection".

If there is no further interest, I will need a telephone number.

Boy, "Momma" is gonna have my nuts when she finds out.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I will not opt to purchase something "out from under somebody else", (how's THAT for ethics). I've seen the truck here, and if there is no interest, I would like to purchase it. I've never had a cabover and a "Western" type Mack would be great in my "collection".

If there is no further interest, I will need a telephone number.

Boy, "Momma" is gonna have my nuts when she finds out.

Rob

if that's not a misprint,the fuel tanks are worth more'n that ;) .Look at those bulldogs-they got everything covered-the two on the mirrors are lookin out and the ones by the headlights are looking in <_< . Better sharpen all your knives,I hear a dull knife hurts much more. :o

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Momma has threatened me with a dull butter knife for years but has not acted upon it yet.......

Of course, this was before she said "NO MORE MACKS".

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hello everyone, I just got the VIN number FS785LT 20415, that's on the door, there is another on the door jamb

FS 785LT (#missing)3263. I couldn't make out the missing number. Maybe the door was changed out at some point.

Rob you can call me at 479-633-8387

My name is Bert, I can get you in touch with the guy that own's it. It is still hooked to a trailer, and I noticed on the driver side it has 2 flats on the drive axle. Maybe they could be aired up, and the air tanks have a valve that could be used to air up the air system. You wouldn't be buying out from anyone, I put it on here so if someone wanted it they could hopefully save it from the scrap yard.

If anyone has any questions I'll try to answer them, or get you the owners phone number so you can call him.

I just would rather see it go to a home rather than the other alturnitive.

Good Day

Dak49