Clutch Adjustment

ff6cav

Quick update: I've tried the baby powder idea, dumping it in the top opening with the clutch disengaged, and it doesn't seem to have done anything to help. I feel that the baby powder isn't getting to the actual clutch face; I may try more brake cleaner when I get a chance. I've pretty well adapted my driving to compensate for the slippage, but it gets pretty slow on long upward grades.

Sounds like it may be at the end of it's life. You may have to break down and send it out for a rebuild. There's a fantastic clutch shop in Baltimore if you are anywhere near there. They rebuilt and balanced the Lipe-Brown clutch for my FWD, ran me $400 I think.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Sounds like it may be at the end of it's life. You may have to break down and send it out for a rebuild. There's a fantastic clutch shop in Baltimore if you are anywhere near there. They rebuilt and balanced the Lipe-Brown clutch for my FWD, ran me $400 I think.

Thanks for the tip, do you happen to remember the name of that clutch shop? I'm about an hour and 20 mins north of Bmore, so that's a feasible option

Thanks for the tip, do you happen to remember the name of that clutch shop? I'm about an hour and 20 mins north of Bmore, so that's a feasible option

Where are you located? We're just north of Philly. I will have to look back in my records, but the place has a shop in Wilmington, De which is where they had me drop it off- they had their guys transport it to Bmore and back on their daily parts run at no cost to me. I'll look it up for you.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Where are you located? We're just north of Philly. I will have to look back in my records, but the place has a shop in Wilmington, De which is where they had me drop it off- they had their guys transport it to Bmore and back on their daily parts run at no cost to me. I'll look it up for you.

I'm just north of Gettysburg