Damn Good Salesman!

41chevy

With cleaning and moving stuff to VA winding down, I looked at my toy equipment and promo collections and decided to cull the horde some.

We have a Vintage Toy Dealer who has been here for 25 or more years and has a 5 star rep. So I called him today and asked him to make an offer on about 90 vehicles. mid 50's Buddy L Texaco tankers and a Texaco Ship, Structo, Nylint, Tootsie, Dinky, Wyandote and some Doekie for equipment. A Marvelous Mike Bulldozer from 1954 and Hubbley Allis Chalmers Tractors and a couple dozen of Ford, Mercury, Olds and Rambler Dealer Promos from the 1950' and 60's.

Kind of iffy on parting with them. Called the toy guy and told him what I had to sell and added in a 1964 Aurora Model Motoring Slot Car set in the box.

The conversation when from that to him yelling he's sick of people calling him to shake him down for money (?) Let him rant for a good 2 or 3 minutes and thanked him for his time and told him to have a nice day.

I guess that was the "Powers That Be" way of telling me to keep all of them. Life's Good. Paul

This is "Marvelous Mike" My favorite toy in 1954

post-3242-0-38860300-1436304573_thumb.jp

post-3242-0-83471200-1436304578_thumb.jp

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Some one didn't want to do his work??

Hmmm, strange...

Drunk, drugged or stupid. . . choose one.

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

That's unreal......your two for two in finding the douchebags in the vintage toy market. I never realized how valuable some of the old toys could be until I saw frank on "Pickers" buying a bunch of them.....give them a shout, maybe you can be the next big T.V. star????

• Like 2

Didn't you have a similar incident recently with another moron?

Third time! Time before this was a shop in Sag harbor that specializes in Irish China and Crystal. I have a twelve place Diner set and a 6 place Tea Set from Arklow in the original packing, never out of the crates from 1960 still in wood shavings and linen. Woman says they are not worth more than pennies. Had a cup, saucer and scone plate for $125. Same pattern as mine. Figure they watched to much American Pickers or something. Maybe it's the water? air? or fast food?

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE