Need to Move a Trailer-- TX to MA

Hey guys,

I am looking at buying a 53' Landoll 660B trailer that is down in Texas. I live in Massachusetts. The trailer is not registered. The lights and brakes work. Any ideas on how to move it to Massachusetts? I posted on U-ship, but had no replies so far.

thanks,

Mark

w 413-663-3336 m-f 8-6 est

FirstEliminator@aol.com

Edited by FirstEliminator

We have always moved tank trailers with just a simple cardboard cutout plate that says in transit. As long as it would Pass a DOT inspection should the trucker have to have one done I wouldn't think there'd be any issues other than that.

I would call a reputable load board like truckstop.com and they may be able to help you out and put you in touch with a broker that can get that trailer onto a board for you. Of course they're going to take a percentage but that's the way business gets done.

Thanks for the replies. It was mentioned to me on the Brockway forum that Texas can issue different permits. One of them is called a "One Trip Permit". No insurance is needed on a trailer. No load can be carried on the trailer. This permit can be used as long as the trip originates or terminates in TX. By golly, this permit costs a whopping 5 dollars.

Hi Mark. Was just thinking of you the other day. I was looking at a couple trees I am planning on chopping down and wondered where I could come up with a bucket truck LOL!!!!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Hey guys,

Guess I won't be picking up this trailer as when I called back to make an offer it had just been sold. Thanks for the replies.

LARRY! hey, it's been a while. At the speed my bucket truck moves, it'd take a good week to get to you. At 4 mpg, you could probably save by hiring the most expensive tree cutters in town.

My friend Paul that was with me when I stopped by a couple years ago was just in your area. He picked up a 72 Chevelle 454, 4 spd.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, got one tree down pretty easy. The next one needs some persuasion to not land on the garage...ie: rope and a truck.

Sounds like a neat hot rod. Does the radiator needs soldered? LOL!!!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"