Mud Racing in My Old Red Chevy

1951 Mack LJ

Went to the local fairgrounds to race my old red Chevy 1 ton today. Did OK but lost to a truck that had a lot more horse power and had been completely gutted out. If they call it a "Stock Street V-8 class" you would think that everyone would have driven the trucks there and not on trailers. Here is a video of one of the races I did win. I am running a 454 big block.

post-10749-0-59827700-1434872755.jpg

• Like 2

thats ok i'll settle for the picture of the mud! it sounds like i wont be seeing any mud for a while, we're susposed to be in trippile digits by later in the week and stay there for a while....our mud is going to turn to bricks :tease:

Still having troubles figuring how to drag a video from facebook to here. But here is a photo after I already went through the pit. I am in the far lane with the bobbed bed chevy. It was a long box until I cut 18 inches out of the rear for better off road ability.

post-10749-0-80554100-1434925553_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have a mud bogger, it was a lot of fun. It was a 71 IH Scout that I bought from Galloway's 4 Wheel Drive Center in New London, N.C. Darrell Galloway was the NMRO Pro Stock national champion and used to come to "Bodatious" all the time, where I raced. I bought the Scout from his daddy for $600, with no engine or tires. I put a warmed up 355 chevy small block in it and had 2 sets of Super Swamper tires, 36" and 38''. Won a lot of trophies with it. These videos of it are pretty bad, I copied them off of an old VHS tape from the TV.

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Loving it mid 90's seems like yesterday to me I must be getting long in the tooth

Paul

when Im in town and some young girl was in the court house getting her driver licence and her date of birth 1997 thats when I new I was getting old lol

• Like 1