Oil in tube from turbo to intake

Coenut

I have been idling it a lot lately. Air filter was changed a month ago. I did not run the truck at all until all filters and fluids where changed.

check the turbo as mentioned in earler post if ok then clean the cross over pipe as best you can as well as the compressor hsg. on the turbo then take the truck out for a hard drive (find a long hill or such) and make the engine work, then run normally for a few miles, then idle for a minuite or two, then shut it off and pull the crossover pipe and re check for oil. a damp film would not scare me ( probably residual left in comp.hsg.) if slimmy and wet look for a turbo rebuilder.

• Like 2

I checked shaft for play. There is no movement side to side or in and out. There is also no oil in intake elbow or tube to compressor. Slight coating of oil on surface around fins. Nothing heavy kinda like a sooty film. Going to clean tube and reinstall. Also there is no staming or marking on this turbo, but uses to v band clamps at exhaust end and compressor end. Could it be a Garrett?