got a new fridge for the mack

Ezrider

my old fridge was real small no freezer and was about on its last legs i wanted to find a fridge with a separate top freezer with the drivers side cabinet removed lots of room to put a good size fridge in. so i was doing some driving around today getting a few odd and ends as well as looking at mini fridges. i come across one at menards for $160 measurements said it would fit quite nicely in the truck decent size top freezer i decide to go ahead and get it. take it out of the front of the store. look at the car look at the box dohh. try putting it in the trunk no go. try putting it in the front seat no go. was about to take it back inside to leave it there while i go and get one of the pickups but then figured out how to make it work.

fits almost like it was made for the truck runs nice and quite, so far pretty happy. we will give it the torture test this year and see how it holds up but so far i like it.

post-19171-0-19007000-1430175958_thumb.j

post-19171-0-68393500-1430175967_thumb.j

post-19171-0-06622900-1430175983_thumb.j

i couldn't tell you, i have a 4500w inverter so i never looked at how much it draws. it does not seem to draw much. ill see if i can figure out what it draws with the compressor running, i would guess its probably similar to most mini fridges 1-200 watts cont, but probably 3-400 surge when the compressor kicks in

here is a link to the product description

http://www.menards.com/main/kitchen-appliances/refrigerators/shop-all-refrigerators/criterion-reg-3-1-cu-ft-double-door-compact-refrigerator-with-top-freezer/p-2350707-c-7216.htm

Nice size for a driver that doesn't want to go to the store everyday. At my previous job we had some Visions with 48" flat top sleepers. The boss didn't allow riders so the passenger seats were removed and replaced with refrigerators. They were in cabinets with butcher block tops and microwaves were installed under the bunk. An excellent use of space in a relatively small cab.

Jim

• 5 years later...